help me plan my class
Classes start on Thursday & that is the day my syllabus for my new class on social media goes public. I’ve spent the summer reading tons (including the 2 text books Cluetrain Manifesto and Naked Conversations) & think I’m just about ready.
But wait! Blogs are conversations, right? So give me your 2 cents.
Here are the general topics I have in mind:
- history of social media
- theory (uses & grats, interactivity, network theory, parasocial interaction)
- Second Life
- imagery (YouTube, Flickr, etc)
- social networking (MySpace, FaceBook, Pownce, social bookmarking)
- interpersonal relationships
- conflict (i.e., war)
- crisis (i.e., natural disaster)
- organizational adoption
I’m breaking the class into two parts: tools then content.
Anything big you think I’m leaving out? Deadline approaches …